FSD Sustainable Community Based Development Internships and Volunteering, including language and cultural immersion, all begin at the start dates indicated below. If you are interested in participating in Global Service Trips, start dates are flexible.
PROGRAM START DATES & FEES
|WINTER||SPRING||SUMMER 1||Summer 2||FALL||FALL 2|
|January 22, 2022||March 19, 2022||May 21, 2022||June 18, 2022||Sept 10, 2022||October 08, 2022|
Please contact FSD directly for information on flexible start dates at email@example.com
- Gain an enriched understanding of sustainable community-based development and what qualities and characteristics make a project sustainable.
- Develop an understanding of the unique capacity of grassroots development spearheaded by the community itself. You will experience asset-rich communities full of opportunities despite challenges brought on by growth and development.
- Identify values, norms, and behaviors in a different cultural environment. You will learn to adapt and begin integration into this new culture from day one.
- Design a sustainable developmental project with support and tools from staff and the community.
- Understand basic methods of project monitoring and evaluation, including both qualitative and quantitative indicators.