Why Participate in a Virtual Internship
How It Works
Apply using the application form below. Once we receive your application, the FSD team schedules a Skype call with you. This is to help us get to know your interests and motives for applying.
Upon acceptance, you are connected with a host organization specialized in the development field of your interest. The process involves an introductory meeting with the community and orientation workshops.
With full time support from the FSD team, you will work hand in hand with the host organization to implement a project that sustainably meets the organization goals and supports the local community while achieving your learning objectives.
Virtual Program Layout
STEP ONE – APPLICATION/ ACCEPTANCE:
STEP TWO – STUDENT-COMMUNITY MEETING
STEP THREE – INTRODUCTORY ORIENTATION WORKSHOPS
STEP FOUR – COMMUNITY ASSESSMENT/ASSET MAPPING TRAINING AND PRACTICE
STEP FIVE – PROJECT DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
STEP SIX – PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
STEP SEVEN – PROJECT REPORT AND PRESENTATION
STEP EIGHT - PROJECT EVALUATION
STEP NINE - PARTICIPANT VISITING THE PROJECT IN FUTURE (OPTIONAL)
Engage in FSD virtual internship
|SUMMER||FALL 1||FALL 2||FALL 3||WINTER|
|June 22, 2020||August 29, 2020||September 26, 2020||October 31, 2020||January 30, 2020|
- Seed funding for the community-based sustainable development project.
- Introductory Orientation Workshops, training and virtual Student-Community Meetings/engagement.
- Credit for mobile phone and mobile WIFI
- Local transportation (FSD Staff movement between host organization and the development project)
- In-country support from your FSD Uganda team 24/7